How Engine Oil Filters Fail
Most people believe oil filters are basically all the same. However, the quality of the oil filter can make a big difference in the performance of your oil and the longevity of your vehicle’s engine. Saving a few bucks on an oil filter could cost you serious money later because a low-quality filter could leak, clog, or it could fail completely.
In this post, let’s look at some common causes of oil filter failure and why GMB filters offer superior performance.
Common Causes Of Oil Filter Failure
The most common causes of oil filter failure include failing to filter out harmful contaminants or the filter itself getting clogged up.
If the oil filter fails to filter out contaminants from the oil, that means those contaminants will circulate through the oil system and through critical parts of the engine. As a result, those contaminants could either cause friction and wear or accumulate, clogging oil passages inside the engine.
If the oil filter gets clogged, the engine will get starved of oil, increasing friction and wear. The lack of oil could cause expensive engine damage to critical parts like valves, piston rings, and bearings.
Another area where oil filters fail is with installation or removal. A cheap oil filter could get stuck or come apart when you try to change it, making it difficult to remove. Or it could leak or come loose, leading to a loss of oil.
GMB Premium Oil Filter Features
GMB Premium oil filters are designed to meet or exceed OEM standards, providing high efficiency and performance. They utilize high-quality media for filtering performance, are 97.8 percent efficient, and are compatible with all types of engine oil. The superior design of our filters sets them apart and includes the following:
- High performance with OEM-qualified components, including canister and base plate
- Validated muti-pass performance tests based on OEM & ISO specifications
- Precision relief valve for consistent, high-capacity oil flow
- Anti-drain-back valve retains oil when the engine is not running
- The premium quality gasket helps prevent leaks and ensures easy removal of the filter
- Designed to operate in severe conditions and extreme temperatures with superior durability
You Can Trust GMB Oil Filters
You can trust GMB oil filters for your car, truck, or SUV. Designed to protect and maintain optimal engine performance, the high-quality filter media ensures maximum contaminant filtration and excellent efficiency. Like all of the products we carry, you can trust GMB because:
- We have been an industry-leading OEM and aftermarket automotive parts manufacturer since 1943.
- We have locations on the east and west coasts in the US and global locations in Asia and Europe.
- We believe your success is our future which is why we offer the products and support you need.
If you have any questions about our oil filters or any of our products, please get in touch with us.
Sign up here to get the latest news
and updates on all things GMB.